The West Sussex Literary Trail is 54.5 miles long and starts in Horsham, West Sussex and finishes at Chichester Railway Station. According to David Bathurst, author of the book “The Great Walks of Sussex” it is a “fine walk blessed with some very splendid villages, towns and historic buildings, not to mention two of the finest vineyards in the south of England, and there’s a good variety of walking, with gentle riverside strolling complimented by more energetic walking over the South Downs” It doesn’t pass through Pulborough but the closest point it can be joined is at Nutbourne which is approx. 2 miles south east of Pulborough.
Length of walk: 54.5 miles
- Time: Suggest a few days or alternatively break the walk up into manageable sections.
- Terrain: Flat next to rivers but inclines over the South Downs.
- Parts of the trail are suitable for wheelchairs and pushchairs.
- Can be slippery when wet so walking boots advisasble.
- Use OS Maps OL34, OL10 and OL8 to see whole route.
- Facilities: in Nutbourne there is a pub called “The Rising Sun” which when open does serve food and has toilet facilities.
For more detailed information about the route of the whole Trail, refer to “The Great Walks of Sussex” by David Bathurst (2018) pages 371 to 392. ISBN
Download GPX file