- One of Sussex’s best -known treasure houses
- In the care of the National Trust
- Features the finest art collection in the National Trust
- Depicts the work of Turner and other famous artists
- Family home to the Leconfield family
- Once owned by the infamous 3rd Earl of Egremont
- Landscaped gardens by Lancelot “Capability” Brown
Petworth House is approximately 5 miles west of Pulborough. It is a beautiful 17th century building which is open to the public and sits within a large deer park. The park is accessible from both the A272 and the A285 and is suitable for dog walking, picnicking or strolling. Lovely lake within the park with lots of wildfowl. Large car park off A272, café, toilets and gift shop available.Disabled friendly.